The NET232+ is the next generation of serial device servers from Grid Connect. The NET232+ is backward compatible with the NET232, but offers several improvements over its predecessor.
• Multiple TCP connections (up to 4) or a mixture of TCP and UDP access to the serial port.
• Additional DNS support to allow the configuration of a domain name to address the remote host in place of specifying a fixed IP address.
• Email authentication option with configurable user name and password.
• Email serial triggers expanded to support up to a 6-byte match sequence.
• Email trigger option added using a modem dial command where serial data can be placed in the email body.
• Idle Gap Time option of 3 ms for less delay in data delivery with packing enabled.
• UDP datagram mode 2 and 12.
• Debug option in Monitor Mode. Provides troubleshooting to make sure the serial data passing through the NET232+ is as expected. Special error messages are also displayed.
Reset to Factory Defaults
• A push button accessible by paper-clip or push pin, will reset the NET232 back to factory defaults.
New Status LED
• An additional status LED is provided to report current status and error conditions.
• 256-bit AES Encryption is now standard at no extra cost. Can be enabled via telnet configuration.
• The web manager has been modified for the enhanced features listed above, and in addition it now sports the Grid Connect Logo and a link to the Grid Connect website.