When an error occurs that involves iCloud, is usually either an internet connection problem or iCloud not being set up properly on the device, causing the device to not be able to get the home information synced from the iCloud account.
To resolve it, follow these steps, as outlined by Apple:
- Check your Internet and Wi-Fi connections.
- Update your iOS device to the latest version of iOS.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Verify Keychain is enabled in Settings > iCloud > Keychain.
- Verify Home is enabled in Settings > iCloud > Home.
- If you still have issues, turn off iCloud Keychain, then turn it back on. Make sure that you signed in to iCloud successfully.
- Sign out of your iCloud account and sign back in.
- If your iOS device is running iOS 10 and you have an Apple TV (4th Generation) or iPad set up as a Home Hub, please verify that 2-factor authentication is enabled for the iCloud Apple ID.
- If the previous troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, we recommend going into the Apple Home App. You should see “Loading Accessories and Scenes”. After about 30 minutes the Apple Home app should pop up a message that says “This is taking a while. Would you like to reset?" Continuing will reset the home information and allow you to set up your device.
- Check Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- When it comes to Wi-Fi connections, make sure your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi that is closest to the device.
- Make sure that all the permission that the app is asking are being given. (go to settings, then look for the app ConnectSense and make sure everything is green)
*Typically the issue resolves itself after several hours. Please wait a few hours and then try again.